Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous...

Life would be pretty boring if you lived it on the safe side. As I grow up I keep learning valuable life lessons. When I was lost for a little while, I ended up losing my gregarious personality. I loved being social and meeting new people. I could strike a conversation with a stranger and it'd be as if we knew each other forever. I have that back now and it's a great feeling. I truly believe unless you are outgoing and a go getter, you won't get anywhere. Last night I was at the Bruins Rookie game and I was determined to meet the players. I sat outside the gate and waited (anxiously) for Tyler Seguin. When I saw him walking out I made sure he'd notice me. It was a dream come true to meet him and when I said that he laughed and said "how old are you?" I told him 20 and he said " But I'm only 18" I told him I didn't really care at all, it actually made him that much better because at such a young age he is really achieving all his dreams. He hugged me and said "thanks!" But I realized if I wasn't outgoing and had integrity, I would never get noticed. I want to make a difference and I want to be successful in a competitive field of work. I won't get anywhere by just sitting here and crossing my fingers, finding every four leaf clover and making a wish at every 10:17 and 11:11. I need to put myself out there, look foolish a little once in a while, but show my dedication and love for what I do.

No comments: