Sunday, August 8, 2010

When I Look At You, I See Something I Know And Love

Family has become everything to me. My vacation to Canada could not have come at a more perfect time. I was starting to lose sight of what I was doing with my life. Money had become a huge issue for me and I'm struggling just to pay for college let alone trying to live life as a 20 year old. I got in a car at 2:00 am and set out for Nova Scotia with my cousin. When I got there I felt an instant change. I could breathe, I could take a deeper look around at things. I found a new appreciation for my family and myself. I knew I had a lot to work on and I truly think that Mabou Cape Breton brought me to a better place in my life. I had so much alone time where I could just relax. I had time to read and write and draw. I got to develop a stronger relationship with a part of my family that has always been there for me. It was a vacation where no cell phone or computer could be used and I think thats what I liked most about it. People there are so much more accepting and have great hospitality. I spent my time dancing in the kitchen, playing with my beautiful baby cousin, finding Nova Scotia's hidden treasures and playing wiffle ball. I would never trade in that trip.. it really just changed me as a person. It made me realize I need to concentrate more on myself. I have so much love and emotion for so many things, except myself. I can only change what I have control over and that is what I need to focus on. If I had my parents sister and dog up there I probably would have never left. Mabou you have a piece of my heart





































No comments: