Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Forgiveness

Ask anyone and they will all say the same thing.. forgiveness and me do not mingle, at least we didn't until now. As I have said before some things in my past I am not proud of, letting people walk all over me was the main one. I let people who barely knew me say anything they wanted about me and to be honest it did hurt. They had one person (whom has shown themselves to be the horrible person I warned them about) feeding them false information and in return they created an awful opinion of me. Eventually true colors were shown and people realized that perhaps I am not anything like they thought I was. Thats the trouble with us girls, we judge based on what our friends have told us regardless if we knew them prior or just knew of them. We lose all desire to seek out the person and get to know them.

I think that it takes a person with a lot of respect and who's genuine to say sorry and truly mean it. I am not a person who says sorry unless I knew I was in the wrong. When I received an apology from some individuals I never thought would, I was relieved to say the least. I was aware of situations but I did not expect an apology out of it. I was sitting with my boyfriend when the apology was given and I didn't know whether or not to respond. The hurt was still there and I was afraid they did it for all the wrong reasons. It may not seem like a big deal to you but it was to me because of certain circumstances. I slept on the idea of responding and decided that perhaps it deserves an answer. I was truly thankful that they took the time to admit their wrongs and try and make peace. I once considered these people my friends so I tried to think optimistically and said thank you. It turns out it wasn't fake, it was very genuine and I know this because it was a simple conversation yet it said so much. Karma has a funny way of working in everyone's lives. Sometimes it's in your favor and sometimes it kicks you straight in the ass. But remember when you consciously and maliciously do wrong to others expecting no retaliation, you are mistaken. What goes around always comes around. Forgiving was never easy for me until I put myself in the other person's shoes. I could see why they did what they did and better late than never to resolve the situation.

So maybe forgiveness is okay, it can't hurt right?

No comments: