Monday, September 13, 2010

Because I Care


Boston is my favorite city. I love the people, the streets and the way you only have to turn a corner and it can be a totally different world. Yesterday I went into the city because I was walking for the MSPCA. My team alone raised 1500 dollars and I was pretty impressed. The amount of people that came out and supported this cause was incredible. They had so many information tables, and all proceeds went straight to the Angell memorial. The Jimmy Fund was also going on yesterday and I decided I'd walk the MSPCA but donate $200.00 to the Jimmy Fund. When I walked by to see how the turn out I was beside myself with happiness. They raised 6.5 million dollars this year. To be apart of all these great causes yesterday really was empowering. Sitting at lunch with my best friend and our dogs, everyone just seemed so happy and friendly. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was coincidence, but I really think it was just the contagious energy that everyone felt. Perfect day all around and I was proud to be apart of it. It's these kind of days that really motivate me to remain positive and concentrate on my goals and plans Volunteering is honestly one of my favorite things to do.
My mom and I one morning were getting coffee and having a little intervention. She said something that really stuck... " You have one of the biggest hearts I know, you love and care for everyone and everything.. but you need to give it all to the things and people that deserve it and I think that volunteering for kids and animals is where your heart is" My mom was right, I do love to love and I needed to direct all that on things that actually deserve it, not boys or friends that clearly don't want to put in effort.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and inspiring post! Glad that you find happiness in making others happy!!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day.
xoxo,
Alicia
Wholesome Fashion

Danielle said...

Thank you so much Alicia! Im really happy you enjoyed it. Become a follower on either google friend connect or on blog lovin' :) I think I'm following you on both. Love your blog!!