Thursday, August 26, 2010

Better Single Than Sorry

For all those who have a relationship that has lived up to their expectations and dreams, I envy you. But for those who are in a relationship and aren't 100% happy and positive that is what you want, I pity you.

For so long I was petrified at the thought of being without my boyfriend. I went from one boy to another to another to another to another and yes then to another. I needed to feel something, anything to get my mind off of my loneliness. I gave rebound a new meaning. But after much struggle and confusion I have found that I could not be happier as a single girl. I am twenty years old. The last thing I need is calling someone to check in, make sure that the people Im with are approved of by my boyfriend, and having "cuddle" time. I used to love all that, and sometimes I miss that but at the end of the day I would much rather be single. I need travel, adventure, partying excessively, and selfishness.
Girls.. being single doesn't mean that no man wants us. It means we know what we want and we won't settle for just anything. We love to have fun and are concentrating on our needs, as we should. This was my first summer with no strings at all and I can honestly say it was my best summer ever. I got to do what I wanted when I wanted with who ever I wanted and never had to worry about 'someone else'. At such a young age I think that single is the best route. It brings a new confidence to so many people. I have changed dramatically in just one year.

1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

yes! live this life as single and move on! best advice ever!