Sunday, July 18, 2010

Beat the Heat

And we're back to the heat wave factor. Everyone is trying to escape this heat while trying tobe productive. I learned that air conditioning has never been so sweet. I took the time this week to re-decorate my room. I was sick of the old, not put together room. Nothing matched and it seemed to bother me EVERY time I walked in. So I took a free week, blasted my air conditioner and painted my room, got a new bed set, painted my furniture, grabbed some cute room accessories and called it a "Day in Paris". I could not be happier with the result.
Target is having a sale on comforters { and trust me they are pretty cute!}
and Marshalls/ TJ Maxx has some amazing/ inspiring bedroom accessories.

{Before - it was a mess!}

{ In the process}






{After, and extremely pleased!}


{ little accessories!}

{ My inspiration for this entire room}





I hope you enjoyed this little experience with me. I had so much fun just creating a whole new room. It's still a work in progress, but I love it. Find something fun and changing like this for the next heat wave. My next project.. building my first closet ever. I am extremely excited for that. Finally my hard earned clothes and shoes will have a home!

No comments: