Thursday, February 3, 2011

Permanent... Or So You Thought

So foolish me at age 19 thought that I was going to stay with him forever, forever enough to get a tattoo for him. I wasn't so idiotic that I got his name, but I got a quote with the heart shape of the ring he got me the day he promised forever. Its been two years since we broke up and well I have officially got rid of all his clothes ( I wont say what I did with them, but it was clever and amusing to say the least) and anything that could potentially bring up any thought of him... except this god damn tattoo. I have been searching for the perfect thing to get this "nasty" thing covered up. One artist I have been fascinated with for years and years now is Banksy. He is a British artist that would graffiti only at night, no one knew who this man was. He would sketch political commentary that would leave anyone and everyone speechless. He didn't do this for the fame or for money, he was just a simple man who had a talent of art and an outspoken opinion on the world. When I really sat and thought about what I wanted to have become permanent on my wrist I knew it had to be perfect and from this man because that was it after that. I will get something for me and no one else this time. I cannot decide yet so I decided to post the ones I have considered. Let me know what you think.


PS. NEVER EVER EVER EVER get a tattoo for anyone else except yourself, it makes me sick every time I look down at my wrist. All these thoughts of pain, confusion, loss of faith are all trapped in my mind and once this disappears I will finally get out. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you are getting rid of the tattoo. I know you deserve something a lot better than what he has done to you over the past 7+ years. Good for you for finally realizing he wasn't the person you thought he was. my vote is the first one

cailen ascher said...

once you get rid of the tattoo, you'll officially be able to move on. he'll be erased from you forever! it'll be very cathartic for sure.

like your writing.
cheers!
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

Kristyn Burtt said...

I love Banksy too! See my photo by his Oscar artwork: http://redcarpetcloset.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-oscars-day-6.html